4. Fluff rice with fork. Replace cover and let rest for 5 minutes with heat off.
3. Turn up heat to medium-high, and bring to a boil. Knock down heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
2. Add 2 cups of water and salt.
• If you like a more flavorful rice, dilute chicken bouillon in water.
1. Over medium-low heat, lightly toast Basmati rice, until aromatic and grains turns opaque
1 cup Basmati rice
2 cups water
1/2 teaspoon salt or 1 Chicken bouillon (optional)
"Saing" is the process of boiling rice. "Sinaing" is your cooked rice.How to cook a big pot of rice to go with dinner is one of the first lessons many of us learn in the kitchen.It's an easy straight forward process that can nonetheless feel like a culinary triumph when you're first starting out. Here's how.There is a full proof technique and a simple formula to remember.
TECHNIQUE: Toast rice grain. It makes for a fluffy, aromatic rice.
FORMULA: 1 cup White Rice : 2 cups water